Antituberculosis, antimicrobic and antioxidant properties of Persica vulgaris L. extracts
Keywords:E. coli; Mycobacterium tuberculosis; tannins; flavonoids; peach
Peach is a medicinal plant which has many traditional applications uses against various diseases. In this study we have evaluated differences in tannins and flavonoids in the composition of flowers and peach leaves and their antioxidant properties. Antibacterial activity of the peach flower and leaf extract was investigated using Mycobacterium tuberculosis and E. coli by the disk diffusion method. Total fractions of flavonoids and tannins were obtained using ethanol and aqueous extraction, respectively. The antioxidant activity was evaluated using the adrenaline autooxidation test. The results have shown that the peach flower extract contains many flavonoids, tannins that probably account for better antimicrobial effects as compared with the peach leaf extract. This shows perspectives for the use of peach flowers for the treatment of many diseases, especially for tuberculosis, and other diseases associated with overproduction of free radicals.
- Hashemzaei, M, Barani ,A.K., Iranshahi, M., Rezaee, R., Tsarouhas, K.,Tsatsakis, A.M., Wilks, M.F., Tabrizian, K. (2016) Effects of resveratrol on carbon monoxide-induced cardiotoxicity in rats. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 46, 110-115. DOI
- Hashemzaei, M., Entezari Heravi, R., Rezaee, R., Roohbakhsh, A., Karimi, G.:(2017) Regulation of autophagy by some natural products as a potential therapeutic strategy for cardiovascular disorders. Eur J Pharmacol 802, 44-51. DOI
- Hashemzaei, M., SadeghiBonjar, M.A., Tabrizian, K., Iranshahi, M.,Iranshahy, M., Rezaee, R. (2015) Evaluation of the analgesic effect of Umbelliprenin and Umbelliprenin-morphine co-administration on the acute, chronic and neuropathic pain. IJPER 49, 121-125. DOI
- Kumar, S., Pandey, A.K. (2013) Chemistry and biological activities of flavonoids: An overview. Sci World J 2013, 162750. DOI
- Tabrizian, K., Yaghoobi, N.S., Iranshahi, M., Shahraki, J., Rezaee, R., Hashemzaei, M. (2015) Auraptene consolidates memory, reverses scopolamine-disrupted memory in passive avoidance task, and ameliorates retention deficits in mice. Iran J Basic Med Sci 18, 1014-1019.
- Ermias, D. (2009). Natural products database for Africa. Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- Arora, M., Gupta, V.K. (2011) Phytochemical and biological studies of salvadora persica wall: A review. Pharmacologyonline, 1, 591-601.
- Prasad, S.H.K.R., Anthonamma, K., Jyothirmayi, N., Sowjanya, K.D., Sharlotte, V.R.L., Priyanka, A., Mounika, S.J. (2011) In vitro assay of herbaceous extracts of Salvadora persica L. against some pathogenic microbes. Res. J. Pharmaceut. Biol. Chem. Sci., 2, 860-863.
- Lin, P, Tian, X.H., Yi, Y.S., Jiang, W.S., Zhou, Y.J., Cheng, W.J. (2015) Luteolin-induced protection of H2O2-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells and the associated pathway. Mol Med Rep 12, 7699-7704. DOI
- Leung, H.W., Kuo, C.L., Yang ,W.H., Lin, C.H., Lee, H.Z. (2006) Antioxidant enzymes activity involvement in luteolin-induced human lung squamous carcinoma CH27 cell apoptosis. Eur J Pharmacol 534, 12-18. DOI
- Wu, T.H,. Yen ,F.L., Lin, L.T, Tsai, T.R,. Lin, C.C., Cham, T.M: (2008) Preparation, physicochemical characterization, and antioxidant effects of quercetin nanoparticles. Int J Pharm 346: 160-168. DOI
- Fedoseeva, G.M., Mirovich, V.M., Goryachkina, E.G., Perelomova, M.V. (2009) Phytochemical analysis of plant materials containing flavonoids. Tutorial. Irkutsk, IGMU, 67 p.
- Sirota, T.V. Russian patent 2144674 method of assessing antioxidant activity of superoxide dismutase and chemical compounds/ 20.01.2000.
- Mamatova, I. Yu., Jianping, X. (2019) Role of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Rv2349c drug resistance gene / / Universum: Chemistry and biology: scientific. journal. 10(64). URL: http://7universum.com/ru/nature/archive/item/7893
- Kedir, E., Alemayehu, M. (2018) Studies on Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Salvadora persica. Res. J. Med. Plants, 12, 26-32. DOI
- Kostic, A.D., Velickovic, J.M., Mitic, S.S. , Mitic, M.N., . Randelovic, S.S. (2012) Phenolic content and antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of Crataegus oxyacantha L. (Rosaceae) fruit extract from Southeast Serbia. Trop. J. Pharm.Res., 11: 117-124. DOI
- Khasanova, S. R et al. (2007) Comparative study of the antioxidant activity of plant collections.Vestnik VSU. Chemistry Series. Biology. Pharmacy. 1, 163-166.
- Leylabadlo, et al. (2016) Pulmonary Tuberculosis Diagnosis: Where We Are?. Tuberc Respir Dis.79:134-142. DOI