NMR Study of the Complex Formation in Solution
NMR spectroscopy has been used to study the complexation of organic ligands, that are of interest for biology and medicine, with ions of biologically significant metals (Li+, Na+, Ca2 +, Ga3+). The possibilities and advantages of NMR spectroscopy methods in the study of complex formation are shown. A high sensitivity of the NMR signal to the formation of a complex even with a very small natural concentration of the magnetic isotopes is detected. The formation of a complex with a low stability constanthas has been found by 43Ca NMR spectroscopy. The equilibrium constants of the complexes and the parameters of their NMR spectra are obtained. The possibility of using the 31P and 13C NMR method for initial testing of the complexation of cyclene derivatives with the cation Ga3+ in D2O is shown.
- Duca G. (2012). Homogeneous Catalysis with Metal Complexes: Fundamentals and Applications. Springer Science & Business Media, DOI
- Sasmal P. K, Streu C. N, Meggers E. (2013). Metal complex catalysis in living biological systems. Chem Commun (Camb), 49(16), 1581-1587. DOI
- Al Zoubi W. (2013). Solvent extraction of metal ions by use of Schiff bases. Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 66(13), 2264-2289. DOI
- Zhang Z., Buffle J., van Leeuwen H. P., Wojciechowski K. (2006). Roles of Metal Ion Complexation and Membrane Permeability in the Metal Flux through Lipophilic Membranes. Labile Complexes at Permeation Liquid Membranes. Analytical Chemistry, 78(16), 5693-5703 DOI
- Hamilton A.D., Fan E., van Arman S., Vicent C., Tellado F. G., Geib S. J. (1993). Molecular recognition. Design of new receptors for complexation and catalysis. Supramolecular Chemistry, 1(3-4), 247-252. DOI
- Vendsborg P. B., Vilstrup H. (1976). The Influence of Lithium on Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism in the Perfused Rat Liver. Acta Pharmacologica et Toxicologica, 38(1), 10-16. DOI
- Kaas G. A., Kasuya J., Lansdon P., Ueda A., Iyengar A., Wu C.-F., Kitamoto T. (2016). Lithium-Responsive Seizure-Like Hyperexcitability Is Caused by a Mutation in the Drosophila Voltage-Gated Sodium Channel Gene paralytic. eNeuro, 3(5), 1-23. DOI
- de Sousa R. T, Streck E. L, Zanetti M. V, Ferreira G. K, Diniz B. S, Brunoni A. R, Busatto G. F, Gattaz W. F, Machado-Vieira R. (2015). Lithium increases leukocyte mitochondrial complex I activity in bipolar disorder during depressive episodes. Psychopharmacology, 232(1), 245-50. DOI
- Freeman M. P., Freeman S. A. (2006). Lithium: Clinical Considerations in Internal Medicine. The American Journal of Medicine, 119(6), 478–481. DOI
- Baum R. P., Rosch F. (2013). Theranostics, Gallium-68, and other radionuclides. Heidelberg, New York, Dordrecht, London: Springer. DOI
- Velikyan I. (2015). Continued rapid growth in (68) Ga applications: update 2013 to June 2014. J. Label Compd. Radiopharm., 58(3), 99-121. DOI
- Larenkov A. A., Kodina G. E., Bruskin A. B. (2011). Gallium Radionuclides in Nuclear Medicine: Radiopharmaceuticals Based on 68Ga. Ìedical Radiology and Radiation Safety, Russian edition 56(5), 56-73.
- Welch M.J., McCarthy T.J. (2000). The potential role of generator-produced radiopharmaceuticals in clinical PET. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 41(2), 315–317.
- Hughes M.N. (1983). The Inorganic Chemistry of Biological Processes. John Willey and Sons Chichester, New York, Brisbane, Toronto.
- Martell A. E. (1981). Chemistry of Carcinogenic Metals. Environmental H