Luminescent Properties of Composite Systems Based on Polystyrene and Erbium(III) Phthalocyaninates in Near IR Spectral Region
Composite materials based on polystyrene and ErIII phthalocyaninates of single-, double- and triple-decker structure were obtained, and their spectral luminescent characteristics in the near-IR (NIR) range were studied. All the ErIII complexes in these composites reveal 4f photoluminescence (PL), which is observed at 1550 nm for mono- and tris(phthalocyaninate), whereas in the case of bis(phthalocyaninate), the PL maximum is shifted to the short-wavelength region and appears at 1440 nm. A comparative analysis of the properties of composites and individual phthalocyanine compounds in films and solutions was carried out. In the case of a single-decker complex, this emission was detected for the first time in the polystyrene matrix, while for individual ErIII mono(phthalocyaninates), this process was not observed earlier.
- Kao, K. C., Hwang, W. (1981). Electrical Transport in Solids, With Particular Reference to Organic Semiconductors, Pergamon.
- Myers, J. D., Xue, J. (2012). Organic Semiconductors and their Applications in Photovoltaic Devices. Polymer Reviews, 52(1), 1-37. DOI
- Lattante, S. (2014). Electron and hole transport layers: their use in inverted bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells. Electronics, 3, 132-164. DOI
- Hiramoto, M., Kubo, M., Shinmura, Y., Ishiyama, N., Kaji, T., Sakai, K., Ohno T., Izaki, M. (2014). Bandgap science for organic solar cells. Electronics, 3, 351-380. DOI
- Leznoff, C. C., Lever, A.B.P. Editors (1989-1996). Phthalocyanines – properties and applications, VCH, New York.
- Kadish, K.M., Smith, K.M., Guilard, R. Editors (2010-2012). Handbook of porphyrin science: with applications to chemistry, physics, materials science, engineering, biology and medicine, World Scienti?c, Singapore.
- Jiang, J. Editor (2010). Functional phthalocyanine molecular materials. In Structure and Bonding, 135, Springer.
- Belogorokhov, I.A. (2014). Semiconductor materials of the 21st century from phthalocyanines and nanosilicon, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Pushkarev, V.E., Nemykin, V.N., Tomilova, L.G. (2016). Historic overview and new developments in synthetic methods for preparation of the rare-earth tetrapyrrolic complexes. Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 319, 110–179. DOI
- Belogorokhov, I.A., Ryabchikov, Yu.V., Tikhonov, E.V., Pushkarev, V.E., Breusova, M.O., Tomilova, L.G., Khokhlov, D.R. (2008). Photoluminescence in semiconductor structures based on butyl-substituted erbium phthalocyanine complexes. Semiconductors, 42(3), 321–324. DOI
- Pakhomov, G.L., Kuzin, E.E., Murel, A.V. (2006). NIR photoresponse in the mixed phthalocyanine films. Central European Journal of Physics, 4(4), 494–502. DOI
- Belogorokhov, I.A., Mamichev, D.A., Pushkarev, V.E., Tomilova, L.G., Khokhlov, D.R. (2010). Luminescent properties of semiconductor composite systems composed of erbium triphthalocyanine molecules and a silicon slot structure in the near-infrared region. JETP Letters, 92(10), 676–680. DOI
- Smola, S.S., Snurnikova, O.V., Fadeyev, E.N., Sinelshchikova, A.A., Gorbunova, Yu.G., Lapkina, L.A., Tsivadze, A.Yu., Rusakova, N.V. (2012). The first example of near-infrared 4f luminescence of sandwich-type lanthanide phthalocyaninates. Macroheterocycles, 5(4-5), 343–349. DOI
- Wang, R., Zhang, F. (2014). NIR luminescent nanomaterials for biomedical imaging. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2(17), 2422–2443. DOI
- Pushkarev, V.E., Breusova, M.O., Shulishov, E.V., Tomilov, Yu.V. (2005). Selective synthesis and spectroscopic properties of alkyl-substituted lanthanide(III) mono-, di-, and triphthalocyanines. Russian Chemical Bulletin, International Edition, 54(9), 2087–2093. DOI
- Berkovits, V.L., Ziminov, A.V., Kazanskii, A.G., Kolos’ko, A.G., Ramsh, S.M., Terukov, E.I., Fenukhin, A.V., Ulin, V.P., Yurre, T.A., Kleider, J.P. (2007). Influence of the molecular structure of copper phthalocyanines on their ordering in thin films and photoluminescence and absorption spectra. Physics of the Solid State, 49(2), 272–277. DOI
- Ishikawa, N., Sugita, M., Tanaka, N., Ishikawa, T., Koshihara, S., Kaizu, Y. (2004). Upward temperature shift of the intrinsic phase lag of the magnetization of bis(phthalocyaninato)terbium by ligand oxidation creating an s = 1/2 spin. Inorganic Chemistry, 43(18), 5498–5500. DOI
- Ishikawa, N., Okubo, T., Kaizu, Y. (1999). Spectroscopic and quantum chemical studies of excited states of one- and two-electron oxidation products of a lutetium triple-decker phthalocyanine complex. Inorganic Chemistry, 38(13), 3173–3181. DOI