SiO₂-Based Aerogels Modified by Covalently Bonded Aromatic Acids as Potential Drug Delivery Systems
Hybrid aerogels (AGs) containing NH2-group were acylated by benzoic and salicylic acids. The acylated AGs had the specific area value of 170-220m2/g and were not deacylated in H2O-iPrOH mixture at 37°С during 24h. In 0.5% HCl at 37°С hydrolysis takes place releasing free acids and giving the possibility to use aminoaerogels as drug delivery system.
- Husing, N., & Schubert, U. (2005). Aerogels. In Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry (pp. 748–769). Weinheim, Germany: Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. DOI
- Wittwer, V. (1992). Development of aerogel windows. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 145(C), 233–236. DOI
- Alexa, L. C., Huber, G. M., Lolos, G. J., Farzanpay, F., Garibaldi, F., Jodice, M., Leone, A., Perrino, R., Papandreou, Z., Humphrey, D. L., Ulmer, P., DeLeo, R. (1995). Empirical tests and model of a silica aerogel Cherenkov detector for CEBAF. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A, 365(2–3), 299–307. DOI
- Reynolds, J. G., Coronado, P. R., & Hrubesh, L. W. (2001). Hydrophobic aerogels for oil-spill clean up - Synthesis and characterization. Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 292(1–3), 127–137. DOI
- Teichner, S. J., Nicolaon, G. A., Vicarini, M. A., & Gardes, G. E. E. (1976). Inorganic oxide aerogels. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 5(3), 245–273. DOI
- I. Smirnova, S. Suttiruengwong, M. Seiler, W. Arlt, Dissolution Rate Enhancement by Adsorption of Poorly Soluble Drugs on Hydrophilic Silica Aerogels, Pharm. Dev. Technol. 9 (2005) 443–452. DOI